Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men: Pros and Cons
There is much more to testosterone therapy for men than better sex and larger muscles, although those are two areas that will reap rewards when a hormone replacement specialist prescribes Low T treatment. The health benefits associated with testosterone supplementation have long-term benefits that can be transformational in nature for many people.
Kingsberg Medical has long offered the best testosterone replacement therapy for men with Low T. Our doctors who specialize in hormone replacement will provide diagnostic testing to determine if the body is deficient in any of its crucial chemical messengers. If blood test results come back with a hormonal shortage or imbalance, the appropriate treatment will be prescribed to bring numerous positive changes while reducing the risks of any unwanted side effects.
There are definitely pros and cons of testosterone therapy that each person should know before embarking on this course of treatment. The benefits are outlined in the next section. The risks involved with TRT are rare but need to be mentioned so that people understand what to be on the lookout for when treatment begins. If any adverse effects do occur, the doctor will typically lower the medication dosage to reverse these changes.
Possible side effects of testosterone replacement therapy include:
- Male pattern baldness
- Oily skin
- Breast tissue enlargement
- Growth of facial or body hair
- Mood changes
- Feelings of aggression
- Skin irritation
The chance of any of these side effects occurring can be reduced by ensuring that all diagnostic steps are carried out, and the treatment is determined and supervised by an experienced hormone replacement specialist. Most unexpected symptoms typically disappear on their own as the body gets used to an increased level of testosterone.
Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men
The majority of men would say that they felt the most physically fit when they were in their twenties. This is a time when hormone levels are at their peak, and the body can perform at its best. Once the age of thirty has been reached, a slow and gradual change begins to take place. This is when production of some of the essential hormones in the body starts to decline. Thankfully, the change is so slight that most males do not notice anything until much later in life, if ever. For some, that is not the case, and being able to get the best testosterone replacement therapy for men will make quite a difference in their lives.
The following benefits of testosterone therapy can be expected once treatment begins:
- Enhanced Sexual Desire and Performance – treatment with testosterone supplementation will improve erectile functioning, libido, and pleasure.
- Restored Muscle Mass and Strength – Low T can decrease lean body mass and strength, and raising testosterone levels will help to rebuild what has been lost.
- Increased Bone Mineral Density – the body needs testosterone to help produce new bone cells and keep the bones strong.
- Sharper Cognitive Function – testosterone provides crucial signals to the brain that help with memory, learning, mental tasks, and concentration.
- Better Mood – men diagnosed with Low T often complain about feelings of depression, inadequacy, and unhappiness. Testosterone therapy helps to restore positive changes to mood, outlook, and demeanor.
- Increased Energy – fatigue is often synonymous with Low T, and treatment with prescription testosterone increases endurance and available energy.
- Improving Metabolic Syndrome – the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke are all decreased when testosterone therapy improves sleep, red blood cell production, cardiac capacity, and weight loss.
- Improving Anemia – red cell production is stimulated by testosterone.
The use of testosterone replacement therapy for men is responsible for increasing drive, motivation, performance, and productivity. TRT brings benefits to both the personal and professional sectors of a man’s life.
How to Start Therapy
Starting testosterone therapy for men begins with a phone call to Kingsberg Medical. During this confidential consultation, all current symptoms and concerns will be discussed. This is also an excellent opportunity to ask any questions that come to mind and fully understand what hormone replacement truly can accomplish. There is no charge, or time limit, for this consultation, so go ahead and get the information you seek.
If it seems as though some form of hormonal imbalance may be the cause of your health concerns, blood testing will be arranged at a local lab. You will also need to visit a doctor of your choice for a physical exam, and have those results forwarded to our hormone replacement therapy clinic. We have provided a convenient link on this website that will lead to the medical questionnaire to be completed.
Those simple steps can lead to the prescribing of testosterone replacement therapy for men diagnosed with Low T. All medications will be shipped directly from a fully licensed US pharmacy. Complete instructions for use and continued support will be provided.
Contact Kingsberg Medical with any questions or to arrange for blood testing near you.Brian Leeber