Using Food to Increase Testosterone Levels – Top 15 Choices
What you put in your body can make a significant difference in how your body responds and performs, especially when it comes to hormone production, such as testosterone.
Before you turn to testosterone replacement therapy – unless you are already dealing with many of the symptoms of Low T – you may want to try a natural approach using food to increase testosterone levels in your body.
Before making any changes, it is best to speak with a doctor who specializes in hormone replacement to address your situation and check testosterone levels for a deficiency.
The use of various fruits to increase testosterone is highly recommended. Our packaged food fixation today is the downfall for many aspects of our health. All of the chemicals, pesticides, and artificial additives are destroying the natural balance of hormones in the body. Endocrine disruptors and phytoestrogens can lower testosterone and increase estrogen levels in women and men – leading to weight gain which further decreases testosterone.
Some of the best fruits for increasing testosterone levels include:
- Purple grapes
Because human growth hormone deficiency is another serious health condition that is similar in symptoms and decline to Low T, making dietary changes can benefit that hormone as well as boosting testosterone levels.
You do have to be careful when adding foods that increase testosterone and HGH because although some of them may be on the list of top choices, such as tuna, that fish when caught along the west coast of the US may have higher levels of radiation coming from the waters off Japan. Always remember to use everything in moderation – following proper dietary guidelines.
Top 15 Testosterone Boosting Foods
By utilizing food to increase testosterone, you are providing the body with natural vitamins, minerals, and substances it needs to perform at its best.
Proper nutrition feeds the body whereas unhealthy choices take away what it needs to thrive. Synthetic choices such as taking vitamins do not make up for bad nutrition.
You can use the following food to increase testosterone naturally:
- 1. Fruit – see the list in the first section
- 2. Fish – tuna, salmon, and sardines are excellent options – high in vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids
- 3. Nuts – brazil, almond, macadamia, peanuts, walnuts provide monounsaturated fat that helps promote testosterone production
- 4. Dairy – vitamin D-fortified low-fat milk and yogurt help raise testosterone
- 5. Eggs – egg yolks were once feared, but we now know that they are a rich source of vitamin D, as well as providing the healthy cholesterol used by the body to synthesize progesterone, the precursor hormone used to make testosterone
- 6. Shellfish – oysters’ reputation for being an aphrodisiac should not be overlooked due to their high zinc content – go ahead and add lobster and crab to that list, as well
- 7. Beans – high in zinc and vitamin D, black, kidney, and white beans are all superior forms of plant-based protein to help protect the heart and increase testosterone
- 8. Vegetables – magnesium boosting spinach can also improve nitric oxide production for better blood flow; onions, celery, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, mushrooms all have testosterone raising properties, as well
- 9. Garlic – this liver detoxifier stimulates luteinizing hormone release by the pituitary gland that signals the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone
- 10. Red meat – grassfed, organic beef is best, but limit servings to no more than three a week
- 11. Dark chocolate – well-known testosterone and libido booster
- 12. Ginger – boosts serum testosterone levels
- 13. Heart-healthy fats – coconut and extra virgin olive oils, avocados, grassfed butter all help increase testosterone
- 14. Pumpkin seeds – eat these daily as they provide testosterone boosting amino acids and magnesium
- 15. Red wine – the resveratrol in grapes helps increase testosterone while quercetin, a chemical in red wine, reduces how much testosterone the body excretes in urine
Finally, the last food to increase testosterone fast is one that you SHOULD NOT consume – SUGAR!!! Sugar may do the most damage to your testosterone levels by increasing insulin levels.
Get further information about increasing testosterone levels safely by contacting the hormone specialists at Kingsberg Medical for a complimentary consultation.Brian Leeber