How Quickly Do Testosterone Injections Work?
If you are looking to begin testosterone therapy for the reversal of symptoms associated with Low T, you need to know that you will not see results overnight. The effects of low testosterone have been years in the making as the body responded to a slow and gradual decrease in testosterone production. While it will not take years to see the corresponding changes, time will be your friend as testosterone levels increase and benefits begin to appear.
How quickly do testosterone injections work in the body is an interesting question, due to the fact that different physiological functions require varying periods of time for the results to occur. There are also some men who will say that they feel as though something is different within minutes or hours of their first testosterone injection, but they may not be able to put their finger on what it is they are experiencing. For some, it may just be an “awareness” or “sensation” that is occurring, but actual results are still most likely weeks and months away.
Asking how fast do testosterone injections work for a particular area is the best way to proceed. For example, if you wanted to know how long until you see a resurgence of your libido, that can be expected around the 3-week mark in your treatment cycle, with a plateau occurring at 6 weeks. This is far from what to expect when inquiring about cholesterol levels which can take up to 3 months or longer for their normalization or lowering.
Monthly Benefits of Testosterone Injections
The timeline for benefits of testosterone injections cannot always be measured in months, but more often in weeks. This can be difficult for some people to understand, especially when other hormone deficiencies, such as growth hormone, can easily be measured on a month to month basis. What we are presenting here, in this monthly guide, is an estimate of what to expect, with the detailed weekly information listed with each positive benefit.
How long does it take for testosterone injections to work? Check out the timeline here:
- Month 1
- By the end of this first month of treatment, where most men will have administered 2 testosterone cypionate injections, positive changes in libido, sexual thoughts, desire, and satisfaction will occur.
- Morning erections may increase in frequency by the 3rd week.
- Quality of life improvements are typically noticed between weeks 3 and 4 and continue for the next 18 months.
- Depression can start to decrease as early as 3 weeks, and is generally reversed by weeks 18 to 30 in most men. There may also be a noticeable reduction in anxiety and aggression at this time. An increased desire for sociability may be evident.
- Inflammation in the body may start to decline as early as 3 weeks, but will definitely be noticeable by the 12th week of testosterone injections.
- There may be some noticeable changes to insulin sensitivity within a few days of the first testosterone injection.
- Increased motivation and concentration are typically seen by the end of the 1st month.
- Improvements in processing spatial data of visual content have been observed within 2 weeks, with further improvements in memory by week 3, and continuing onward.
- Month 2
- As we enter the 2nd month of treatment, we start to look at how quickly do testosterone shots work for lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. After 4 weeks of treatment, there may be an improvement in lipid profiles. A slight decrease in total cholesterol and triglycerides may be seen. Lowering of LDL cholesterol does occur at a slower pace, with a time frame of 3 – 12 months. The same applies to increases in HDL – the good cholesterol.
- Most men are happy to report that full erections are stronger, last longer, and that their sexual performance has improved.
- Decreased fatigue and increased energy by week 6.
- Month 3
- By the time the 3rd month of treatment rolls around, positive change in glycemic control is often noted, continuing with improvement for up to 12 months.
- Red blood cell formation begins to increase and continues through months 9 to 12.
- Men who have been diagnosed with chronic heart failure being to see increased exercise capacity.
- Blood pressure begins to decline during the 3 to 9-month time span.
- Now is the time that transformations can be seen in lean body mass, fat mass, and muscle strength. There may be some noticeable weight loss and increased muscular definition. These changes are most evident between weeks 12 – 16, with stabilization occurring between 6 and 12 months.
- Month 6
- Bone mineral density is improved by this point and continues for at least 36 months.
- Month 12
- PSA – prostate-specific antigen and volume rise, plateauing by this point.
How to Get Testosterone Injections Benefits
The reason for testosterone treatment is all about the benefits and the good it will do for the body and the mind. We have answered how quick do testosterone injections work for the most desired benefits of this treatment. These changes will immensely improve a man’s quality of life and performance in all areas.
The best way to get the benefits of testosterone injections is to contact a hormone replacement therapy specialist who can diagnose and provide the best treatment options for Low T. Testosterone therapy should only be administered under the supervision of an experienced professional.
How long does a testosterone injection take to work for the results you want to achieve? Contact Kingsberg Medical to find out. Free and confidential consultations are always provided to men and women throughout the US looking to learn more about hormone replacement options.Brian Leeber