How to Use Norditropin in Easy Steps
Norditropin is an excellent brand of HGH for adults diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency. The easy steps shown here for how to use Norditropin will allow you to self-administer your daily injections in the comfort of your home. If you prefer to have the needles hidden out of sight when you inject your Norditropin HGH, the PenMate is available and attaches easily to the FlexPro pen. Simply attach a new needle for each injection and you are ready to go.
The first step in learning how to use Norditropin HGH FlexPro pen systems is identifying which unit you have:
- The purple 30 mg FlexPro pen raises doses in .1 mg increments to a maximum dose of 8 mg
- The green 15 mg FlexPro pen raises doses in .1 mg increments to a maximum dose of 8 mg
- The blue 10 mg FlexPro pen raises doses in .05 mg increments to a maximum dose of 5 mg
- The orange 5 mg FlexPro pen raises doses in .025 mg increments to a maximum dose of 2 mg
One benefit of Norditropin Pens is that they do not require refrigeration after their first use. They must be maintained in the refrigerator until the first use, after that, they can be stored at room temperature for up to 21 days. If 4 weeks is necessary to finish the medication in the pen, store them in the refrigerator.
The next thing about how to use Norditropin injections is to remember never to share needles, pens, or HGH medication with another person. Dosages and treatment are personalized based on physical need. If you cannot see the markings on the pen system clearly, get another person to help you with your daily HGH injection.
If you have any questions about how to use the Norditropin pen, please do not hesitate to ask your clinical advisor at Kingsberg Medical. We will happily walk you through your first injections over the telephone. Available online videos help you see the preparation and injection process firsthand.
Here are the easy to follow steps for how to use Norditropin pens. Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before proceeding. Gather all supplies before starting. Check to make sure you are using the prescribed pen system. Turn the pen upside down a few times to look at the HGH medication through the window to check for crystals or cloudiness. Do not use if the HGH solution is not clear.
How to use Norditropin FlexPro Pen in easy steps:
- Uncap the Norditropin FlexPro pen and set the cap aside
- Pull the paper tab off a new disposable needle and push straight onto the pen, turning until it is on the unit tightly
- Remove the outer and inner needle caps – setting aside the outer cap and disposing of the inner cap
- Turn the dose selector one tick mark then hold the pen with the needle pointing up and press in and hold the dose button until it registers zero – lining it up with the dose pointer
- Ensure that a drop of Norditropin HGH is on the tip of the needle – repeating above steps until a drop is seen (change the needle if after six tries a drop of HGH does not appear – then change the pen if a new needle does not work)
- Set prescribed dose by turning the dose selector as directed
- Temporarily recover the needle with the outer cap while you prep your skin at the injection site with an alcohol swab
- Uncover the needle, setting aside the cap and inject the needle straight down into the prepared body part as directed by your hormone specialist
- While looking at the dose counter, press and hold down the dose button until the counter returns to zero – keep the needle in your skin while slowly counting to six after the dose counter registers zero
- Remove the needle from your skin, recover with the cap, and discard in the Sharps container
- Recap the pen and store as directed
These are the instructions for how to use Norditropin FlexPro injection systems. If you have another brand or injector style of HGH, please contact Kingsberg Medical for the proper directions.