Benefits of Progesterone Replacement Therapy
The benefits of progesterone replacement therapy extend to both males and females, alike. Treatment with bioidentical progesterone is also not reserved solely for use with menopause and andropause. There are other times when progesterone therapy can also be beneficial.
A list of some progesterone replacement therapy benefits and their resulting effects is provided below:
- Improved Heart Health – progesterone can improve lipid profiles, reduce fat build-up in blood, and stimulate vascular relaxation
- Pre-Pregnancy – aids in the thickening of the uterine lining (endometrium) to support a fertilized egg
- Pregnancy – nurtures the fetus and maintains endometrial support
- Decreases Breast Cancer Risk – helps lower the risk of estrogen-stimulated breast cancer growth
- Helps Reduce Menopause Symptoms – progesterone levels can drop to zero during menopause, and treatment can reduce the severity of hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, weight gain, memory loss, depression, vaginal dryness, low libido, insomnia, and other issues
- Strengthens Bones – progesterone stimulates the growth of new bone
- Reduce Prostate Size – progesterone can help reduce prostate size and decrease the risk of prostate cancer while also improving urinary flow
These are just some of the amazing benefits of progesterone therapy. There is still much more to learn about this treatment, and further information is provided in the section below.
What to Expect from Progesterone Replacement Therapy
Changing hormone levels can take a toll on a person physically, emotionally, and mentally. A decline in certain types of these chemical messengers can lead to heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, obesity, stroke, dementia, and other health concerns. Thanks to the many benefits of progesterone replacement therapy, some of these issues can be put aside, or, in the very least, reduced quite a bit.
While results that affect the prostate or menopause symptoms may seem one-sided because they are gender specific, the progesterone replacement therapy benefits below are the same for everyone.
Here is what can be expected from progesterone therapy:
- Deeper, more restful sleep at night
- Stronger bones due to the promotion of new bone cell growth
- Improved hormone production as progesterone is a precursor for other hormones
- Reduced feelings of anxiety and depression
- Natural diuretic
- Promotes oxygen in blood cells
- Helps with the normalization of blood clotting factors
- Aids in the normalization of zinc and copper levels in the body
- Helps to balance blood sugar levels
- Improves metabolic function and aids in weight loss
- Promotes a robust sex drive
- Enhances action of thyroid hormones
- Helps to prevent recurrent migraines
It is clear that the progesterone therapy benefits listed above can have quite an impact on a person’s life and well-being. Conversely, a decline in progesterone production can lead to serious health issues.
At Kingsberg Medical, we are concerned that the extended life expectancy that adults experience today could lead to a long-term deficit in crucial hormones in the body. Through blood analysis, we can determine if treatment is needed to raise any of these levels back up to their ideal state to promote well-being and healthfulness.
Please contact Kingsberg Medical with any questions about progesterone therapy, or to learn about other types of hormone replacement that can be of a positive benefit in your life. Confidential, no-cost – no-obligation consultations are provided.